We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated SEN teacher and a dyslexic specialist to join the Academic Support Department of Institut auf dem Rosenberg, an international boarding school. The ability to teach an additional subject is an advantage.
The candidate should have:
• A teaching qualification and a minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
• Extensive experience of dyslexia and minor learning difficulties in a mainstream setting and a commitment to SEN.
• Training and/or qualification of assessing and screening student.
• Experience of writing IEPs.
• Experience with 1:1 tutoring as well as in-class support.
We are particularly looking for:
• A dynamic and professional individual.
• A team player.
• A commitment to delivering high quality support
• An individual willing and capable to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
• Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg.
• Support our whole-school ethos in which the raising of pupils' aspirations and attainment is central to your work on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• B.Ed / appropriate degree and PGCE with QTS
• A minimum of 5 years SEN teaching experience
• CELTA or equivalent EFL qualification
• ICT capability
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations and is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school.
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities.
• Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of approximately 1:3.
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential.
• Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org , stating "SEN Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 14th April 2018. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.