Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS2 Maths Teacher / KS3 Maths Teacher / SEN Maths Teacher to work within a school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent school caters for students from Year 6 up to Year 9. The KS2 Maths Teacher / KS3 Maths Teacher / SEN Maths Teacher will be required to teach English & other core subjects across KS2 / KS3 within a primary-based model. This is a full time role in a school that caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. An unqualified Maths or primary / secondary teacher would be considered for this role. This is a permanent contract starting February 2019, with a salary of £30,000 dependent upon qualification and experience.
About the Role
• KS2 Maths Teacher / KS3 Maths Teacher / SEN Maths Teacher
• February 2019 start
• Permanent contract
• Teaching Maths and other subjects across KS2 / KS3 (3 classes, 26 pupils)
• Team teacher model, with three teachers teaching across three classes
• Teaching cross-curricular project to their form
• Teaching PSHCE to their form
• To work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeutic approach so that they can overcome barriers to learning; this inevitably includes effectively managing difficult behaviour throughout the day
• Ensuring books, assessments, reports and learning environments are outstanding
• Leading a team of 2/3 support workers to professionally and effectively achieve team goals
• £30,000 salary (dependent upon qualification and experience)
About the School
• Independent school based in South East London
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
• Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
• 40 students currently attend the school
• Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
• Padded time-out room available
• Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
• Provides extensive professional development for staff
• Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school
In order to be considered for this role, the KS2 Maths Teacher / KS3 Maths Teacher / SEN Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
• Proven experience teaching Maths / SEMH within the past two years (preferred)
• Keen on continuing PD portfolio
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD49788.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.