Two SEN Learning Support Assistants required for immediate start (or as soon as possible) to work within our Upper Key Stage 2 phase group.
Eltham Church of England Primary School is an ‘Outstanding’ school that has been at the heart of the community since 1813. Our children are positive and enthusiastic learners and our staff are welcoming, caring, hard-working and supportive. We combine our rich history with innovation set within a strong Christian ethos, to make our school a place where all children thrive.
These roles are ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children particularly with special educational needs, as our appointed candidates will work on a 1:1 basis with pupils with SEN. We are looking for suitably experienced LSA’s to join our team of caring and dedicated staff. Two positions are available, both working with named children with an SEN diagnosis. Both are full time positions, 30 hours per week, term time only, on Scale 3 (£18,657 - £19,623 pro rata).
What does the role involve?
When working with a specific child the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate experience in:
· Establishing a supportive relationship with the named child,
· Taking into account the learning support required, to aid the child to engage with their learning as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own,
· To assist, with the class teacher (and other professionals as appropriate), in the implementation of directed programmes of support
· Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
· Assisting the named child with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis
· Providing expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning
We are looking for colleagues who:
· Have high expectations of themselves and the care of pupils
· Are committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all children
· Will contribute to the positive ethos of the school
· Have a flexible attitude and a genuine passion to change children’s lives by inspiring them to reach and exceed their social and academic potential
· Be able to communicate effectively and relate well to both children and adults
· Work well within a team
· Are open and friendly
· Are able to support the distinctive Christian nature of our school
As a school, we highly value our Teaching and Learning Support Assistants and are committed to offering training, development and additional mentoring to achieve desired goals. We can also offer you a supportive and dedicated staff team, a welcoming environment with a lovely atmosphere and happy, welcoming children who are keen to learn.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Thursday 24th May and interviews are being held the week commencing 4th June 2018.
Completed application forms can be emailed to: email@example.com
As a school we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our school community equally, without compromise. The school is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.