ABC Teachers are currently recruiting for SEN Learning Support Assistants across the Derbyshire and Nottingham area.
We're looking out for people that have had recent experience supporting the learning or development of children or young adults. You'll need to be confident in delivering support to a variety of ages groups and Special Educational Needs.
If this sounds like the next role for you, then please get in touch.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEND (within the last two years)
- Confident in supporting a variety of age groups and SEND (placements can be tailored to your prior experience)
- We'd love to hear from anyone with PECS/Makaton or BSL but it is by no means essential for the role
- It would be desirable for candidates to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle due to the location of some sites not being accessible by public transport.
- You'll need to hold an Enhanced Child and Adult DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to complete one)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Recent, referenceable school-based experience within an SEN setting (within the last 5 years).
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Jacob Thompson on 01543 228 029, email your CV to email@example.com or submit your details.