Inspire their remarkable with us
SEN Learning Support Assistants (Multiple Positions Available both Part time and Full Time)
£18,065 - £18,795 SCP
Ashingdon Primary Academy, part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) are currently looking for Learning Support Assistants to join our academy to help support students with Special Needs.
Your main responsibilities:
- Working with the individual child or a small group under the direction of the teaching staff.
- Establish positive relationships with the pupil supported.
- Implement planned learning objectives/teaching programmes as agreed with the class teacher, adjusting activities according to the pupil’s response.
- Support the pupil with activities which support Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom/ICT suite and develop the pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task.
- Interact with and support the pupil, according to individual needs and skills.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of the child with special needs within the classroom, ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
- Assist with the delivery of Individual Education Programmes as required.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
- Monitor and record pupil activities as appropriate, writing records and reports as required.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress, under the guidance of the teacher.
- Attend termly review meetings to provide feedback on the pupil supported.
- To support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Start date- Monday 30 September 2019.
Interview date- Thursday 26 September 2019.
Closing date- Monday 23 September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.