Are you a Learning Support Assistant looking to develop a career working with young people with autism?
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for young people with Autism?
Here at Ambitious College West Thames, part of Ambitious about Autism, we are hiring!
Ambitious College is an Ofsted Good college providing support and education to over 42 learners. We are looking for Learning and Behavioural specialist staff, with a passion for working with young people, aged 16-25, in particular those who may have received all manner of set-backs in and outside of education.
Working as a SEN learning support assistant at Ambitious College West Thames school you will:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS).
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive
You will need to be well organised, have good planning skills, an appreciation of health & safety in the workplace along with a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who sometimes present with behaviours that challenge.
Working at Ambitious College we offer a wide range of financial and wellbeing benefits, such as:
- Competitive annual salary, Paid over 52 weeks
- Pension scheme
- Free healthy breakfast every day
- Continuous professional development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised classes and activities: such as Yoga, Zumba, Running Clubs and Book clubs
If you would like to find out more about working at Ambitious College, please find our recruitment pack attached. Alternatively apply today and help us in making the ordinary possible for young people with Autism.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.