This is an exciting opportunity for a teaching assistant to join a friendly village school striving for excellence
We are a one-form entry village primary school situated close to the centre of Warlingham Village, Surrey, a few miles to the south of Croydon. We have an average of 210 pupils on roll housed in an Edwardian building.
We are looking for a learning support assistant to provide 1:1 support for children with learning difficulties. The ideal candidates will have English and Maths GCSE grade C of above and achieved Teaching Assistant NVQ 3 or the equivalent or is currently working towards it.
The position is for 19 hours spread across 5 mornings
The Pro Rata salary range for the role is:
19 hours: £7,422 – £8,986
Closing date: 24th June
Start date: September 2019
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise. At Warlingham Village Primary School every member of staff, whether teaching or non-teaching, plays a vital role.
We need you to be:
- Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
- Able to stay calm and objective if presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
We can offer you:
- A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
- A dedicated team of staff and governors
- The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
- A positive learning environment
- Career development opportunities
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
As a Trust, are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.