Smart Teachers is recruiting for SEN Primary Teacher / Special Education Needs Teacher to join a successful small team in an Independent Therapeutic School in the London Borough of Lambeth. This full time teaching position is available ASAP and will be on a permanent contract. The SEN Primary Teacher / Special Education Needs Teacher will work with students of low-level ability within KS1 and KS2. This SEN Primary Teacher / Special Education Needs Teacher will work within a team teacher environment alongside another teacher in the class.
About the Role
· SEN Primary Teacher / Special Education Needs Teacher
· The primary teacher will educate pupils aged between 5 and 11.
· The class sizes are small, often teaching a maximum of 4 to 5 children
· This role is within a team teacher model, so there will be two teachers in the classroom at one time
· This is a permanent position to start ASAP
· This role could be suitable for a newly qualified, confident primary trained teacher looking to work within special needs
· Strong behaviour management is essential within this school
· This is a full time teaching role, and would not be suitable for part time applicants
· £25,000-£30,000 annual salary
About the School
· An Independent Therapeutic School specialising in SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs)
· 20 children currently attend this school
· Located a short walk from a Northern Line station within the London Borough of Lambeth
· There are two other sites within the school group, catering for students up to the age of 16
· A time out room, with other soft play and break out rooms
· Due to the nature of the needs at this school, students have high behavioural difficulties
· The team here includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists
· This is a well-resourced and thriving setting for students to learn
· The students attend this school from all over London, and the school are currently working with around 13 different local authorities
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Primary Teacher / Special Education Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
· Experience working within a Social, Emotional and Mental Health setting is desired, but not essential.
· Proven experience teaching primary aged students within the past two years (preferred)
· Keen on continuing PD portfolio
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops.
· Regular social events.
· Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number LXD29945.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.