Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a SEN Primary Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) School in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time position (five days a week), starting as soon as possible and is set to continue on a short-term basis. The school will go permanent for the right SEN Primary Teacher.
** Please note that the school are also willing to consider a job share for the right SEN Primary Teacher **.
The desired SEN Primary Teacher will be teaching children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Key Stage One and/or Two (KS1/KS2). You will be teaching a small group of 6 students at a time with a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) in the class with you as support. The successful SEN Primary Teacher will be expected to teach a variety of lessons but your timetable will try and reflect your specialist areas. The ideal SEN Primary Teacher will be expected to take on the full teaching role, including planning and assessing, and will need to be able to work effectively within a team.
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) School is a large school for students between 4 to 16 years old. The school caters for children with various types of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including Profound and Multiple Disabilities (PMLD), Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC)/Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD), and Sensory and/or Physical Needs.
To be considered for this position as a SEN Primary Teacher, you must:
- Ideally have experience teaching children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including; Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and Autism (ASD/ASC) OR come from a Mainstream Teaching background (the school are willing to train and support the ideal Teacher within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
- Be a Qualified Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) – either Primary or Secondary trained OR be an Unqualified Teacher with experience teaching pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
- Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are welcome for this position as a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an SEN Primary Teacher, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
- Support through your placements
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Primary School Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as an SEN Primary Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this SEN Primary Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Cambridge or across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk