At Hillingdon Manor, we provide specialist education for 190 pupils, aged between 3.5-19 years old with the Secondary School supporting around 130 students.
Located across two sites, we deploy of a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners, who present with a range of learning difficulties and styles. Our students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards an Equals Semi-Formal Curriculum and equivalent qualifications in functional skills. We are in commuting distance of Cowley, Colham Green, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, Hayes and surrounding areas.
Job Summary and Duties
As a qualified Science Teacher, you will work with small class sizes supporting secondary students with complex needs who have a wide range of abilities. Within this role, you will focus on subjects including Maths and Computer Science and be confident teaching in both a semi-formal and formal curriculum.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible with a love of teaching students with special educational needs, including learning outside of the classroom and teaching life skills.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as a Science Teacher would include:
- Planning, delivering and teaching individual students or small groups across a range of curriculum subjects.
- Devising, implementing and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff.
- Communicating regularly with parents, carers, teachers and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organising your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguarding all students and ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching in a Secondary capacity (KS2/KS3/KS4)
- Be experienced or have an interest working within an SEN setting (ASD / SLD / MLD)
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
Please apply online now or call 01895 813679 further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers PayScale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.