SEN Specialist Literacy Teacher - required for January 2018
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our forward thinking school from January 2018. Your role will involve creating a stimulating and caring learning environment for our students to work in, and whilst initially part-time (0.6 FTE) there may be an opportunity for the post to become full time from September 2018.
We welcome applications from teaching professionals from either a mainstream (secondary or primary) or a special school background. Most importantly, you must have the aspirations and desire to make a difference by providing exceptional care, guidance and support, so that our pupils thrive and make excellent progress in their personal development.
The curriculum and enrichment programmes within Key Stage 3 provide our youngsters with the skills and experiences to support their transition and development within the department, and also the preparation for Key Stage 4 as part of their life long journey of learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Have QTS with experience of SEN
- Show consistently good/outstanding teaching
- Have a passion for working with pupils with challenging behaviour
- Be an individual who will put the students’ learning and welfare at the heart of everything they do
- Be responsible for ensuring lessons are inclusive, accessible, challenging and fun, and supports the needs of the students
- Be excited by and enthusiastic about curriculum innovations and teaching and learning approaches
- Be motivated to support and encourage change and reflection.
- A highly skilled, committed, and supportive team with a dedicated Governing Body
- A full CPD programme in order for you to reach your career goals and full potential
- An excellent opportunity for an individual to work in a successful school in order to drive their personal career forward, and to share and develop new ideas to ensure each achieves its future goals
- Applications from colleagues currently working in secondary SEN are welcome, as would applications from experienced KS2 SEN primary teachers with extensive knowledge of the transition process.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Beaminster School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant is required to have medical clearance, enhanced DBS clearance and suitable references.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th November 2017