Role: SEN/SpLD Teacher
Contract type: Maternity Cover until March 2020
Salary Range: £24,859 to £36,157 (M1 – M6 includes fringe allowance)
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 9am Friday 28 June
Interview date: TBC
The Governors of Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School wish to appoint a Qualified Teacher with experience of teaching 1:1, small groups and whole groups and who holds a SpLD teaching qualification, to teach in our Learning Support Department, across the Key Stages. This post presents a good opportunity for either a newly qualified or more experienced practitioner to join the Learning Support Team.
• A starting salary in line with the school’s policies on Pay and Appraisal; a mentoring programme for NQTs; a comprehensive induction, and a good programme of CPL
• Engagement of all teaching staff in the TEEP programme to enhance our teaching and learning in the classroom
• Professional learning delivered for all stages of career development and supported through the LA and Universities
• A supportive, collegiate culture with open minds where your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for making a difference to the lives of our students, will be recognised
• An easy commute via public transport from Brighton, and from other parts of East and West Sussex and from Surrey. Many staff operate car share schemes and we have on-site parking.
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged via HR.
We are seeking candidates who will commit to upholding our values and ethos as a Church of England school; however, applicants do not need to be a practising Christian.
This is an excellent Church of England Voluntary Aided 11-18 mixed Comprehensive School where we pride ourselves in the pastoral care and development of all students. The post offers an unmissable opportunity for candidates wishing to make a positive impact on student and team progress, and who are able to provide innovative ideas to achieve this goal.
Application forms and details about the post are attached/ on the website. More information about the post and our school is also available on the website (http://www.holytrinitycrawley.org.uk/Vacancies/). All enquiries and completed application forms with covering letter / statement should be sent to HR firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date or earlier.
We intend to review applications as they are received and call those shortlisted for immediate interview. An early application is advised, as once we have appointed, we will close the recruitment process.
The preferred method of communication in connection with this vacancy is by email. This is how invitations to interview will be sent. Please ensure that you check your emails and junk or spam folders on a regular basis.
The Holy Trinity Church of England Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we cooperate with other agencies and initiatives at local and national level. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful job applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring service check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau check) at an enhanced level, in line with all schools across West Sussex. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warning as well as convictions, spent or unspent.