The Governors are looking to appoint a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Learning Support Assistant to work under the direction of the SEN Co. and Class Teacher to support an individual pupil with an Education Health Care Plan. The role is based on the needs of the pupil, their continued attendance at St. Charles and funding. The post is offered on the following basis:
- Term time only plus Inset training days, i.e. 39 weeks p.a.
- Monday to Friday.
- 2hrs. each day, (10-10.30a.m. & 10.50a.m. to 12.20p.m.), i.e. 10hrs. per week.
- Salary Range A1, scale 2 (on the APT&C pay scale), point 11 to 13 based on experience, approximate actual salary £4,670p.a.
Visits to the School to meet the Head, children and staff can be arranged by calling the School on 020-8969 5566.
To apply please complete the Catholic Education Service application forms, available on-line: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000042-application-forms or in hard copy from the School office.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- Previous experience working with children in a formal capacity, being a positive role model and demonstrate a constructive, caring and energetic approach to the education of children, raising attainment and standards working with an individual pupil and their teacher.
- A significant commitment and interest in supporting SEND pupils and meeting their varied needs.
- Ability to work with and under the guidance of colleagues, professionals and outside agencies as part of a team and also independently.
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths, (grade A* to C or 9 to 4). Copies of your GCSE certificates must be included with your application, and the originals available at interview. Applications are welcome from candidates who also have ‘A’ levels or a degree.
Completed application forms must be signed and returned to the School in hard copy by midday on Tuesday, 16th January 2018. You will be contacted if your application is successful and interviews will be held soon after the closing date.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, requires successful enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance and is subject to employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and a one term probationary period. A copy of the current Safeguarding Policy is available on the School’s website or on request.