ABC Teachers are currently working with a school located in a village near Burton-Upon-Trent to help recruit residential support workers to join the expanding team in a variety of capacities.
The school provides both day and residential places for children aged 8-19 who have severe learning disabilities, autism and associated challenging behaviour.
This will be a hugely rewarding environment for support workers looking for a new challenge in an educational setting.
About the school:
- The school is in a lovely rural setting while only being a short journey from the A38.
- A part of a successful educational group that are leaders in the SEN sector.
- Currently on an exciting path of growth to cater for more children on the residential side.
- Consistently maintained Good on Ofsted.
What we’re looking for:
Due to the nature of the pupils that the school caters for, it is essential that all candidates are comfortable dealing with the challenging behaviour that can arise. Team Teach and NAPPI training will be on offer to successful candidates to enable them to confidently de-escalate and manage the pupils effectively.
In addition to this, you’ll also need:
- Experience within a care/residential setting working with children and young adults with SEND, ideally with a focus on ASD, SLD and Challenging Behaviour.
- Comfortable in delivering personal care to the children in your care during their morning and evening routines.
- Confidence in building strong, lasting relationships with both the children and the team around you.
- Be able to reference the last two years of employment in full.
- Have an enhanced Child and Adult DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to complete one)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Experience working in a care/support work setting.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Jacob Thompson on 01543 228 029 or submit your details.