Vision for Education, the supply arm for TES, are looking to appoint a Supply Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant in Kings Lynn from September 2018.
The role would involve working 8.30am-3.30pm and it would be spread across the Primary, Secondary and Post 16 Phrase. You will be supporting children and young people with a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities; including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Autism (ASD) and Social, Emotional and Behaviour (SEBD) Difficulties. We are really looking for somebody who can engage effectively with students, provide a crucial level of support in the classroom and have a calming and nurturing approach when supporting children with complex needs and learning difficulties.
As a Teaching Assistant, your role will vary from day to day and each day will be unique. However, your roles and responsibilities for a typical day may include:
· Assist children with completing activities and differentiate such activities to meet their needs, skills and abilities of the pupils.
· Communicate and liaise with the SENCO, Inclusion Manager, Teacher and other Teaching Assistants to ensure effective SEND Provision is provided at all times.
· Provide 1:1 support to children, as well as group support.
· Accompany children to their relevant therapy sessions if required.
· Work in collaboration with the Teacher to monitor progress.
· Support all aspects of child development; including the Social, Emotional, Behavioural, Physical and Holistic needs of the children you’re working with.
Ideally, you will need to have a Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare or equivalent for this role and have experience working with children and young people with SEND. However, applications will be considered if you come from a Support Worker and/or Career background, and/or have experience working with adults with Learning Difficulties and SEND.
In return for your hard work, Vision for Education as an agency will offer you:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay
- Regular training sessions including Team Teach and Autism Awareness, as well as access to over 20+eLearning Courses through EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your professional development.
- Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our Supply Staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company).
· We are an agency that won’t charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won’t stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education’s stringent Safeguarding and Vetting Checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current Child Workforce DBS (Enhanced) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered on the Online Update Service and/or your DBS is not under Child Workforce, Vision will assist you in completing an application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for, please apply for this role today! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or email Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk