ABC Teachers, part of TES, are actively recruiting on behalf of a special school in Dudley for a full time Teaching Assistant that specialise in working with Autism to join their established and committed staff team on a supply basis.
As a teaching assistant at this school, you will be expected to work in groups and on a one to one basis carrying out intensive interaction sessions as well as working in the rebound and sensory rooms within the school with pupils that are either in crisis or just need to regulate themselves due to being overwhelmed. The successful candidate will have had experience working with Autism and severe learning disabilities before for a minimum of six months, this can be from working within the Health and social care sector or a similar field, previous experience working in a school is not essential but is preferable. Referenceable working experience with children is a necessity.
Please see below the other criteria that applicants need to have:
• Have a patient, supportive, empathetic and understanding nature.
• Happy to work with children of all ages and young adults (3-19).
• Be vigilant and supportive when managing / de-escalating challenging behaviour.
• Comfortable with Personal Care if required.
• Have a real desire to work with SEN students on the Autistic Spectrum.
• Be confident working with both groups and 1:1.
• Be confident when liaising with parents and colleagues.
• Applicant must be available more than 3 days a week. (Monday to Friday)
• Applicant must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one through ABC Teachers and have it registered on the Update Service.
• Must have experience working with Autism or other SEN Needs.
What to do next:
· Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: email@example.com or call 01543 410500 to discuss registering with us further.
· To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. You will need to pay for this upfront, but once you are fully registered, have uploaded this onto the Update Service and have worked 1 full day with us then we will reimburse you the cost. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and how we are going to work best for you.
· We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months , one of which must be a school based reference, as well as your complete previous 2 years working history. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
· Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself.
· ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
· We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), you will also need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.