Smart Teachers is currently recruiting SEN TAs / Special Needs Support Assistants / SSAs to work on a flexible daily and short-term basis with a special school based in London borough of Southwark. The school provides education for students aged between 11 and 19 years, and there is a wide range of needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Smart Teachers has a constant flow of work available and is seeking SEN TAs / Special Needs Support Assistants / SSAs to join our pool of candidates available for day-to day supply, short-term, and long-term blocks.
About the Roles
· Job reference number: #HZM1306
· Supply SEN TA / Special Needs Support Assistant / SSA
· Must have experience supporting students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
· Able to offer day-to-day supply depends on your availability as well as short-term blocks of work
· For the right candidate, long-term blocks of work and permanent contract can be offered
· Competitive daily rate starting from £70 a day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Providing education for students aged between 11 and 19 years old with special educational needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
· Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school
· An exceptional and enhanced facilities including hydrotherapy suite, music room, and garden, Art and Design studios, and a physical exploration area with trampoline and interactive technology
· Regular working hours starting at 9:00am
· Easy to access to high-quality training and professional development courses
· Easy to get to from Elephant and Castle
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA / Special Needs Support Assistant / SSA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have proven UK classroom-based experience: minimum 6 weeks for full-time
· Prefer someone with special school experience
· Welcome candidates who want to be psychologists/ therapists in future
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number #HZM1306
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.