Smart Teachers is recruiting for regular daily supply, short and long-term support staff to join our pool of staff for the Romford area. We have a constant flow of work for SEN Teaching Assistants to work in a special needs school, for children with autism and profound and multiple learning difficulties. The school caters for children from the ages of 2 to 19 years old.
About the Role
• Special needs teaching assistant
• Working with special needs children, including autism, profound and multiple learning difficulties, non-verbal students and occasional challenging behaviour
• Romford – parking available
• Full or part-time options available
• Day-to-day supply, short-term, long-term or permanent contracts available
• Daily rate from £70 per day
About the School
• School for children with special needs, including profound & multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and autism, as well as severe learning difficulties (SLD)
• Spacious classrooms with excellent outside space
• Sensory rooms and soft play rooms
• Set in a residential area with plenty of parking nearby
• Accessible by bus from the local station
In order to be considered for this role, the Special needs teaching assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Experience working with special needs children or adults
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD3048SENTAR
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.