ABC Teachers are seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in a PRU setting in a ‘good’ school in South Derbyshire. This is a part time role starting as soon as possible with the potential to turn in to a full time role for the right candidate.
This position is for an independent specialist day Pupil Referral Unit for young people aged 5 to 16 years with challenging behaviour. These students may have been permanently excluded from mainstream schools and will need extra support to focus within a classroom.
ABC Teachers are looking for someone who is able to multitask, has a keen interest with PRU style pupils and also has had previous experience with challenging behaviour.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa if applicable)
· Have previous experience teaching within an SEN / PRU setting
· Have excellent communication skills
· Have a creative approach to learning
· Possess valid references, DBS/police checks or be willing to undertake them
· Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
· Ability to use own initiative and to work successfully as part of a team
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Consultant exclusivity
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
The School can offer you:
· A friendly, supportive and professional team of staff.
· A commitment to provide Continuing Professional Development.
· An excellent support programme for new staff.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Matt Smith today on 01332 219 051 or 'Apply now' to submit your details.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.