SEN School Support
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for Special Needs and Behaviour Support Assistants within Wakefield.
Here at Vision for Education we pay a minimum of Living Wage to all candidates via PAYE.
We are looking for people who can react, adapt and remain calm when working with young people with challenging behaviours, dealing with situations in a level headed, supportive and professional manner. We are handling work across a variety of settings but in the main this work is between 8.30 and 3.30pm Monday – Friday or a full or part time basis. Pay for roles will depend on experience, but will be based around £8.78 - £15 per hour/
In several settings we are looking for staff with experience or skills to work with varying degrees of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
Experience is preferred but not essential as our main focus is find the correct match of personality, skills and ability to learn.
At Vision for Education we car further your career and professional development with a range of high quality training courses every half term at no cost to the individual, as well as access to 20 accredited online courses for all candidates working with us.
Your duties would depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but would usually involve:
· Recognising and meeting students emotional, sensory, learning and mental health needs as part of a skilled and effective team
· Quickly establishing positive and effective working relationships with students and staff
· Encouraging children to be confident and independent
· Carrying out a child's EHCP
· Encouraging children to communicate
· Supporting children during social activities and outings
· Helping children during therapy sessions
Please contact our friendly and helpful SEND Team in our Huddersfield branch for more information on this role or to apply!