Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher at an all-through SEN school based in Berkshire. The school caters for students with a range of additional needs including MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). The SEN Teacher will be teaching functional skills to a class of Post-16 students with complex needs. The successful SEN Teacher will start in September 2018 with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
About the Role
- SEN Teacher role to begin in September 2018, with the possibility of a permanent position
- Will be teaching Functional Skills to Post-16 students with complex needs
- Small class sizes (around 8 – 10 students)
- Lots of support staff in each class
- Daily rate starting from £120 depending on experience
About the School
- Large all-through SEN school based in Berkshire
- Pupils are aged between 2 – 19 years
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for students with additional needs including MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Car park available
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Must have strong behaviour management skills
- Previous experience of working with students with SEN
- Team Teach trained (desirable)
- Knowledge of Makaton / PECs (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
- Committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC1239.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.