Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to teach primary students at a lovely little SEN school in Harrow. The school caters for students with SLD (severe learning difficulties), PMLD (profound and multiple learning difficulties), and other complex needs. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small class of 6-8 pupils and must have knowledge of teaching P levels. The role is to commence in November 2019.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
• Will be teaching a class of 6-8 primary students with SLD, PMLD, and other complex needs
• Must have knowledge of teaching P Levels
• Position to start in November 2019
• Daily rate starting from £130 dependant on experience
About the School
• Ofsted rated “Outstanding”
• Primary special school for pupils with a range of needs including with SLD, PMLD, and other complex needs
• Small class sizes with multiple support staff members in each classroom (in some cases 1:1 TAs for each student)
• Great induction program and regular staff training
• Multiple therapists on site to work with the children
• Outdoor playgrounds for pupils
• Exceptional facilities including soft play rooms, sensory rooms, and a small hydrotherapy pool
• Parking available on site; although is close to transport links – commutable on the Northern Line and Jubilee Line
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs - desirable, but not essential)
• Ability to teach P levels (desirable)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC19678.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
#STPrime, #STSec or #Ta