Anfield is an independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary school and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage, followed by the English National Curriculum. Students aged from 2 to 11 years are provided with a high quality and globally-minded education. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as a thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive environment with a strong family atmosphere.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and motivated professional SEN Primary Teacher who is passionate about providing outstanding provision for children with SEN. The successful applicant will be an outstanding teaching practitioner, who will also possess other pastoral strengths, with a specific commitment to education of children with SEN.
The successful applicant will be:
- an experienced and successful teacher with QTS
- committed to raising pupils’ achievements through setting high standards and by promoting effective teaching and learning
- able to work closely with colleagues and communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute to the continued development of our school.
- committed to our Catholic ethos
In addition, the successful applicant will:
- have a passion to inspire pupils and do whatever it takes to achieve success
- have proven, successful experience teaching the core areas of the English National Curriculum
- have experience working with SEN primary children either in mainstream and/or special schools which follow the English National Curriculum
- have excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to lead and motivate teaching assistants
- have experience of raising standards in a challenging environment
- have experience of managing others and supporting them to develop their teaching practice
- have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- be willing to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the School
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialisation in Special Educational Needs or an additional qualification in SEN
- minimum of 4 years teaching experience working with primary aged children
- exceptional communication skills/English language skills
- high levels of ICT skills
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at www.anfield.edu.hk where further details and our official application form should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to: email@example.com. Only official Anfield application forms will be considered.(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
Closing Date: 25th May 2019
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during May and June 2019
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.