Tidemill Academy is a National Teaching School with an outstanding reputation for being creative, innovative and at the leading edge of educational reform. Situated next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, just 6 minutes from London Bridge or 11 minutes from Cannon Street by train and also accessible by DLR, Tidemill is a haven where children from all backgrounds flourish.
As part of our provision, we have a specalist Speech & Language Resource base for 16 pupils with speech, language and communication needs. We are urgently searching for an inspiring teacher who will have a positive impact on the learning and well-being of our Speech & Language Resource Base pupils and currently have the flexibility to place a teacher in either the KS1 or KS2 classroom. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing learners with special educational needs and want to take the next step in your career, and to further develop your knowledge and expertise, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a creative & inspiring teacher who:
- Makes learning fun and engaging
- Has a track record of raising achievement for pupils with SEN
- Demonstrates initiative and can enthuse and lead others
- Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
In return, we will offer:
- Fantastic small group teaching facilities
- Enthusiastic, delightful and deserving children
- A position in a well-established Speech & Language Resource Base with a strong team and specialist training and support
- A hugely talented & committed staff including HLTAs, Speech & Language Therapists and Place2Be counsellors
- A vibrant, richly diverse school community
- First class professional and career development opportunities, including the opportunity to train as a Specialist Leader in Education
- The opportunity to positively impact school improvement and the educational landscape through our role as the lead school in the Endeavour Teaching School Alliance
- The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Visits: Thursday 25th April @ 4.30pm & Saturday 27th April @ 9.30am
Closing Date: Monday 29th April @ 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 29th April
Interviews: Thursday 2nd May/Friday 3rd May
Completed applications should be returned to:
Lisa Turner, Office Manager
11 Giffin Street
Email applications to email@example.com will be accepted as long as you follow this up with a signed copy in the post. Skype interviews & lesson observations will be considered for international candidates. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and staff. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.