Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to co-teach/support two primary teachers at a beautiful SEN school in West London that has recently moved into a brand new building. The school caters for students with a range of needs including ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), MLD (moderate learning difficulties) and other complex needs. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be assisting another teacher with a primary class of 6-10 pupils with ASD/complex needs. The role is split between two different classes (i.e. two days in one class, three days in another). This position is to start ASAP.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
• Supporting another teacher with a class of 6-10 pupils with ASD/complex needs
• The role will be split between two different classes (i.e. two days in one class, three days in another)
• Position to start ASAP
• Daily rate starting from £130 dependant on experience
About the School
• Ofsted rated “Good” with “Outstanding” features
• New building with modern facilities including large outdoor playground for pupils and large staff room and a number of rooms for staff to do planning, etc.
• Small class sizes with 2 support staff members in each classroom
• Sensory rooms in each class
• Supportive SLT and great training for staff including a Great induction program for new starters
• Incorporation of personal interests into school life
• Range of therapists on site to work with the children
• Very little behavioural difficulties from the students
• Parking available on site
• Off of the Piccadilly Line; close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (essential)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC35480SENT
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.