Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teacher to work within a special needs environment in South West London, teaching children in KS3 and KS4. The school is located in the London Borough of Wandsworth, and it is split over two sites. This special needs school caters for children between the ages of 3 and 19, who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The successful SEN Teacher will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children within KS3 and KS4.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher
• To work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties in KS3 and KS4
• The SEN teacher will be teaching a class size of 8
• The children in this class have mixed abilities, some with complex needs
• ASD experience will be required for this role
• Working with four support staff in the classroom
• Assisting and supporting the students with classroom work, as well as off-site trips to the adventure playground and the local farm
• Daily rate starting at £140 per day dependent upon experience
• Working hours are 8.30am to 4pm
• Temporary contract starting in January 2020, until the end of the academic year
About the School
• Maximum of nine children per class
• Outstanding by Ofsted
• There are 11 classes across primary, and eight classes across secondary
• Split over two sites in the London Borough of Wandsworth
• Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
• Special needs school for children with autism and learning difficulties
• Well-structured days with small group work including cooking, outside play, dance and music sessions
• Large outside space with a wide variety of sensory toys
• Climbing frames, bicycles and lots of other playground equipment is available for all of the children
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD14129SENT
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.