We are looking for a qualified SEN Teacher to join our supportive and talented team at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Support the Faculty Director in continuing to deliver our vision of an outstanding, inclusive academy with the highest standards of teaching, learning and pupil progress.
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment and to monitor the effectiveness of learning and teaching within the Faculty.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly. For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful applicant will be resilient, creative and a dynamic practitioner, and must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant degree. You will be fully supported through a comprehensive Induction Programme both within and across the Harris Federation.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich:
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is judged Outstanding by Ofsted. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2018, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.8, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- The number seven boys' comprehensive school for student progress, which has been in the top 6% for student progress every year for the past five years
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- A superb group of students, teachers and support staff, led by an exceptionally experienced and supportive leadership team
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies. Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.