Smart Teachers is pleased to represent an ‘Outstanding’ special school looking to recruit a committed and motivated SEN Teacher to join their inspiring setting based in Southwark. The school caters students aged between 11 and 19 years and there is a wide range of needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. This is a maternity cover position starting in September 2017 until July 2018, covering a Sixth Form class. For the right candidate, there is a possibility to become a permanent staff at the end of the contract.
About the Role
- SEN Teacher
- Maternity Cover from September 2017 until July 2018
- Will be in charge of a Sixth Form class of mixed SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) needs and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Competitive daily rate starting at £130 per day (dependent on experience)
About the School
- Catering education for students aged between 11 and 19 years old with special educational needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school
- Working closely with multidisciplinary team including physiotherapists, speech and language therapists and Special Support Assistants
- An exceptional and enhanced facilities including Hydrotherapy suite, music room and garden, Art and Design studios, and a physical exploration area with trampoline and interactive technology
- Easy to get to from Elephant and Castle
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE, or an equivalent teaching degree
- Have proven UK teaching experience: minimum one term
- Have experience teaching students with special needs, particularly with SLD and ASD
- NQTs and OS teachers are welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number [hzm1306].
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.