Smart Teachers is recruiting for a full time SEN Teaching Assistant / 1:1 Teaching Assistant for a close community school based in the London Borough of Camden. This Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school is currently a two-form entry that caters for all age groups from Nursery – Year 6. The SEN Teaching Assistant / 1:1 Teaching Assistant will be working with a Year 3 pupil with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). The young child needs extra support within the class setting; however, they do work at the same level as their classmates. The SEN Teaching Assistant / 1:1 Teaching Assistant will start September 2018 on a temporary contract and, for the right candidate, has the chance to go permanent.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistant / 1:1 Teaching Assistant
- September 2018 commencement
- Temporary contract with a chance to go permanent for the right candidate
- Supporting a Year 3 student on a 1:1 basis who has ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Will receive ongoing support from SENCO
- 8:30am – 3:30pm everyday
- On the job training and support
- Daily rate from £70 per day (dependent on experience)
About the School
- Ofsted rated ‘Good’ at most recent inspection
- Two-form entry school based in Camden
- School caters for students in Nursery through to Year 6
- Looking for someone who can commit to the role for a long period of time
- Would like someone who can work independently and use their initiative
- Supportive SLT
- Keen on career growth for all staff
- Walking distance from local station on the Northern Line
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / 1:1 Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- UK classroom/nursery experience within the last two years
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number JXM46915.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.