The Governing Body of Carrwood Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and highly motivated Special Needs Teaching Assistant. The role will be to support pupils with a statement of special educational needs .
SEN Teaching Assistant 29.75 hours per week, Permanent, TTO, Band 5 SCP 13 to 17, January 2017 or as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- a natural affinity and with a desire to work with children.
- a passion to raise standards for children with SEN, a calm positive, patient and confident manner.
- a clear speaking voice, self-organisation and be able to work under their own initiative.
- an understanding of safeguarding and follow the school's safeguarding policy.
We can offer:
- supportive induction & training.
- support from the school's Leadership team.
- children who are lively, polite and enthusiastic about their learning.
- a dedicated, friendly staff team.
- a commitment to your professional development.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post; a job description can be down loaded. Please ensure you read the application details and check that you meet the criteria before completing an application form.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged please contact Mrs Watson, Office Manager on 01274 664864.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 7th December 2016
Interviews: Monday 12th December 2016
In line with the immigration Act 2016; the Government has created a duty to ensure that all Public Authority staff working in customer facing roles can speak fluent English to an appropriate standard – for this role the post holder is required to meet the following Intermediate Threshold Level: · Be able to express themselves fluently and spontaneously with minimal effort.
Carrwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check Proof of eligibility to work in th UK will be required.