Are you ambitious and innovative? Do you have the passion and skills to be part of our dynamic inclusion team, supporting children with Special Educational Needs (SEND) on an individual and small group basis.
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will always be a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
As a new build school, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our recent Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
We are now seeking to appoint a small number of SEN Teaching Assistants to play a key role in the support for children with additional SEN needs.
The successful candidates will need to be able to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team, build good working relationships with both children and adults and demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude towards all our children. You will join a team of SEN TAs with a variety of specialisms, including ASD, ELKLAN TAS, THRIVE TAS and our family liaison officer.
Hours: 8.30-3.30pm Term Time only. However, there is scope for the successful candidate to have additional hours through the before and after school care provision.
If you would like to have a look around the school, the Headteacher will be holding tours for propsective canddiates. The times and dates for these are as follows:
Friday 24th May, 9:30am or 2pm
Tuesday 4th June, 9:30am or 2pm
To book onto a tour, please click here and indicate which day you would like to attend
We can offer you:
• A chance to work in an' Outstanding' diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• An opportunity to be part of a new school environment; shaping and moulding the school’s future
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
The successful candidate will be:
• Reliable, flexible and able to respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life
• Prepared to work both independently and as part of a team
• Able to positively promote inclusion and demonstrate high expectations for all children
• Proactive and resourceful
• Confident in supporting and guiding young children
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: Friday 7th June
Salary: FTE £16,497 - £19,974. Please note the successful candidate will have their salary pro-rata'd according to their hours
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.