Are you passionate about supporting the education of children with special educational needs? Are you looking for a school which is innovative and forward-thinking? Then come and join us at West London Free School.
WLFS is based in Hammersmith, West London. We are a non-selective secondary school, which provides an excellent work environment, values the importance of staff wellbeing and encourages career progression.
Key characteristics of the role include:
• Liaising with the SENCO and being an integral part of the SEN department.
• Providing one-to-one support for pupils with additional needs as well as working within small groups.
• Working with secondary age pupils with a range of learning needs.
The successful candidate will:
• have excellent team working skills;
• have experience of working with children with special educational needs;
• have effective and efficient communication skills with both pupils and staff;
• have a specialism in ASD and Speech and Language. This is not a necessity, but would be an advantage;
• have an understanding and commitment to the ethos of the school.
The West London Free School aims to provide all pupils, irrespective of their background, with a Classical Liberal education. We have a distinctive school culture built on a passion for bringing rich, demanding and inspiring knowledge to pupils of all abilities.
We place a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of core knowledge through the study of traditional subjects.
The West London Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you have any queries, please contact Sarah Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Thursday 16th January 2020. Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.