Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to join a ‘Good’ junior school in the East London borough of Havering. This fantastic mainstream, 3 form entry school is based in Hornchurch. The site is very modern, boasts new faculties and are fortunate enough to have a great deal of outside space and a strong connection with the outside community. Staff are valued, CPD is encouraged, and retention is very high. There is a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, team clearly get on and the head is positive and upbeat. This is a part time 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant role start immediately with the potential to become permanent for the right candidate. The school is looking for candidates who are confident working with a range of needs. Prior experience working with SEN is desirable, but not essential.
About the Role
• 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
• Support working with teaching and behaviour
• Assist KS2 Child with low level SEBD
• Part time position
• Long term temporary
• Daily rate between £60-£80 per day (depending on experience)
About the School
• 3 form entry Junior school
• Rated “Good” in most recent Ofsted inspection
• Strong CPD offering, emphasis on engaging staff and up-skilling
• Child centred – high expectations based on individuals learning and development
• Children are polite and respectful – saw this myself
• Great learning space – inside is very modern, brilliant new facilities. Amazing outside space
• Based in Havering, excellent links to public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Relevant experience working with Special Educational Needs
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXF25887.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.