Smart Teachers is recruiting for a full-time Special Needs Teaching Assistant for a nursery based in Wandsworth. This is a small mainstream nursery, and the successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be working within the ASD provision. The children are aged between 3 and 5 years old. The classes are split with different groups in the morning and the afternoon. This is a full-time teaching assistant position, 5 days per week. The Special Needs Teaching Assistant will be supporting the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
About the Role
• Special Needs teaching assistant to work 5 days per week
• Classes split between the morning and the afternoon.
• A maximum of 11 children in each class / session
• The children have autism, social communication disorder and / or speech and language needs
• To work with others to support pupils with an emphasis on personal, social and emotional development
• To take the lead on the running of various groups, including Attention Autism, Registration and Language group.
• Working with the other staff in the classroom to professionally and effectively achieve team goals
About the School
• Mainstream nursery school based in SW London
• ASD provision within the school
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, and teachers
• Daily briefings are held with all members of staff
• Class has a total of 21 students
• All children have a diagnosis of ASD or Social Communication Disorder
• Set in a leafy residential location in the London Borough of Wandsworth
• Parking available in surrounding areas
��� Spacious and bright classrooms. Large outside space, very well equipped with sand pits, mud pits, forest school and large areas for outside play
• Small and supportive team of staff
• Provides extensive professional development for staff
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs teaching assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience supporting children in the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained staff are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD22593SENTA
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.