Smart Teachers are currently recruiting for experienced SEN Teaching Assistants to join a secondary school with academy status located in Neasden, Brent. The school is looking for candidates who are able to lead intervention sessions in numeracy, literacy and social skills. They will have responsibility for a key student with an EHCP as well as a responsibility for the SEN students within the year group.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Long term contract
- £85 – £95 per day
- Numeracy and Literacy focus
- One to one as well as group work
About the School
- The Academy is sponsored by E-ACT, providing support through a Systems Leader who challenges and supports the academy.
- The academy has undergone a transformation with a significant increase in GCSE results, achieving 53% 5A*-C including English & Maths in 2016, reversing a period of decline at the school.
- In October 2016, the Academy was graded 'Good' in all areas by Ofsted.
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience working with Special Needs
- Able to work with pupils with challenging behaviour
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number KJP02040.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.