Britannia Education Trust is in the heart of the London Docklands. The trust consists of the Outstanding Britannia Village Primary School and the brand new Royal Wharf Primary School. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our hard working and dedicated SEN team.
This is your opportunity to work at an innovative and inspiring school that values the role it plays in the holistic education of our pupils. We are specifically looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant with good knowledge and experience of working with children with Autism. The successful applicant will play a key role in enhancing the learning and emotional development of our SEN children. This could be supporting the whole class, small groups or one to one support with a child with specific needs and could involve working in a mainstream class or SEN classroom.
The SEN Teaching Assistant position will involve:
- Supporting pupils with Autism or other complex needs, 1:1 or in groups.
-Working with the class-teacher, SEN teacher, SENCO and external agencies.
- Aiding students of all ability, from mild to high-needs
- Carrying out interventions
(please see the full job description for further information)
At Britannia Education Trust we offer:
● Small class sizes
● Excellent transport links (West Silvertown DLR station)
● Opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning
● Ongoing CPD opportunities
● A very well-resourced SEN classroom led by an SEN teacher.
● Support from the SENCo and Specialist Teachers.
● A warm and welcoming staff team.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please make an appointment to visit the school through the school office on 02075115412 or via email: email@example.com
Please apply via the TES Quick apply option.
Closing date: 12:00pm, Friday 13th December.
Interviews: W/B Monday 16th December
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.