Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant / SPLD TA / LSA to join an outstanding independent special needs school in the Morden area of South West London. This full time SEN Teaching Assistant / SPLD TA / LSA role is for an immediate start and will be a permanent role. The children at this school are aged between 3 and 19. This role is to work with secondary aged students. The school supports students through a language based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists. The salary is £14,500.
About the Role
• SEN Language Teaching Assistant / SPLD TA / LSA
• Working with secondary aged students.
• Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working within small groups
• General in-class support also involved
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties essential
• School hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm (term time only)
• Full time permanent position
• Salary £14,500
About the School
• Caters to students with a speech, language and communication impairment
• Children here are aged between 3 and 19
• ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
• Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
• Excellent leadership team
• Supportive team environment
• Located next to a mainline station and parking is also available on-site
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SPLD TA / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven and relevant experience as a Teaching Assistant with a SEN classroom environment (minimum 6 weeks)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD1263
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.