ABC Teachers, part of TES, are currently recruiting for a passionate Teaching Assistant with experience working with Special Educational Needs for a school we are partnered with based in the Stoke-on-Trent area.
This excellent SEND school is looking for a supportive and knowledgeable individual who can quickly build a strong rapport with students.
About the role:
• Working 1:1 and in small groups with students, and supporting the Teacher when needed
• ASD, social emotional and mental health issues
• Position to commence in September
• Full time, ongoing role
About the school:
• Students here are between the ages of 3 and 19
• The school caters for pupils primarily with social emotional and mental health issues, as well as additional needs such as ASD
• Positive and supportive working environment, with a range of brilliant facilities.
• Have proven experience assisting young people with Special Educational Needs
• A Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous, but experience in a similar area is considered
• Some students have Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues due to their SEN, therefore you will ideally have experience working with challenging behaviour.
• Eligible to work in the UK (must hold a valid visa)
• Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
• Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools and will help you achieve your best
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES
• Free CPD workshops
What to do next:
To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Beth Crowther on 01543 228 029, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘Apply now’ to submit your details.
Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.