Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA to work with primary students at a beautiful SEN school in west London that has recently moved into a brand new building. The school caters for students with a range of needs including ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), MLD (moderate learning difficulties) and other complex needs. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will need to show initiative and willingness to be involved with the students and supporting the class teacher. This temporary role will commence in January 2019, with the potential of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA
• Supporting primary aged students with a range of additional needs including ASD, MLD and other complex needs
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Temporary role to begin in January 2019, with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate
• Daily rate from £65
About the School
• New building with modern facilities
• Ofsted rated “Good” with “Outstanding” features
• Small class sizes with 2 support staff members in each classroom
• Sensory rooms in each class
• Supportive SLT and great training for staff
• Great induction program for new starters
• Incorporation of personal interests into school life
• Range of therapists on site to work with the children
• Very little behavioural difficulties from the students
• Large outdoor playground for pupils
• Large staff room and a number of rooms for staff to do planning, etc
• Parking available on site
• Off of the Piccadilly Line; close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing) (desirable, but not essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number NVC35480.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.