About the role: We are looking to appoint committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to join and support our wider SEN teams across our sites located at Milestone Academy, Wilmington Academy and the Star Centre at Dartford Primary Academy. This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children, particularly with learning difficulties, and also a fantastic opportunity for those considering a career in Teaching to gain valuable first hand experience. Candidates who are appointed will receive full support and training from colleagues and Teachers.
The working basis for the successful candidates will be on a permanent contract; 31.75 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 3.30pm) during Time Time and inset days (with an annual salary of £12,642). We have multiple positions available and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis with our successful candidates joining us in early July if possible.
For those who cannot accommodate a full-time position, we also have 'relief' contracts available. The hourly rate associated with this contract type is £9.05/hour. If this appeals to you, please apply and state in your application that you require a flexible working pattern.
Help our students reach their full potential: Milestone Academy is a large, modern, well-resourced academy, providing for 252 pupils with profound, severe and complex needs in a semi-rural setting. Our pupils are ages between 2-19 years. We have a commitment to pupils and families to deliver personal and academic progress for each pupil whilst they are with us.
What does the role involve? The main aim of this role is to support our teachers to deliver academic excellence, day in, day out, with professionalism and enthusiasm. This will involve providing a comprehensive support service to the Academy including:
- Assisting students with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis
- Providing support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Assisting teachers with the maintenance of student records
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with students, whilst treating them with respect and consideration
- Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
- Ensure that every pupil is ready for the next steps in their learning and is supported to participate in, and contribute to, life in modern Britain
- Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
What are we looking for in you? Applicants will have previous experience of working with young people, either in an academic setting or as a voluntary worker. You will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in literacy and numeracy. You will be committed to personal learning and development, and have a sincere commitment to sharing our long-term aims and drive for continuous improvement. In return, we will offer you a professional and supportive team, a state of the art working environment and a genuine opportunity to develop.
As a Trust we feel it is important to hire for the right attitude which is why we look for support assistants that are enthusiastic, focused and resilient to the day to day pressures that the classroom brings.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.