Smart Teachers is recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs to work with students with a range of special needs including (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) in special schools based in Brent. We have a constant flow of work available ranging from daily supply to long-term roles. Smart Teachers are looking for dedicated SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs to join our pool of candidates. Whether you are happy to work across all key stages or want to focus on a particular age range, we can provide you with tailored work options.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs
• Will be working in SEN schools across Brent
• Supporting students with a range of special needs including (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs)
• Class support, 1:1 and small group roles available
• Full time / part time flexible working hours and days available
• Daily supply, short term and long term contracts available
• Small class sizes (8-10 pupils)
• Daily rate from £70
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
• Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing) (desirable)
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC2407SENTAB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.