Smart Teachers is recruiting for experienced SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs, with experience with PMLD, to join an ‘Outstanding’ special school for students with complex needs based close to Hampstead and Kentish Town. The school is looking for SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs with experience working with both primary and secondary aged students. We have a constant flow of work available at this school ranging from daily supply that may lead to long-term roles.
About the Roles
• SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs
• Daily supply in the first instance
• Working with a range of special educational needs, including MLD / SLD / ASD / PMLD / SEMH / ASC
• Class support, 1:1 and small group roles available
• Small class sizes
• Daily rate of £70 - £85
About the School
• Special needs school for students with complex needs including, PMLD, SLD, SpLD, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and SEMH
• Teaching school
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers, a solid Senior Leadership Team and Multi-Agency team
• Primary and secondary students
• Rated Outstanding by Ofsted
• State of the art facilities
• Focuses on holistic development
In order to be considered for these roles the SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD / ASC, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs)
• Be comfortable with personal care (essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DDS17595.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.