We are seeking to appoint a SENCo and Head of Learning Support & Inclusion to cover the absence of the present permanent SENCo on maternity leave. The successful candidate’s responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy;
- Coordinating provision for children with SEND;
- Overseeing the welfare and progress of looked after children as the designated teacher for CLA;
- Advising on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet students’ needs effectively;
- Liaising with parents of children with SEND;
- Liaising with other schools, educational psychologists, health and social care professionals, and independent or voluntary bodies;
- Being a key point of contact with external agencies, especially the LA and LA support services;
- Liaising with potential next providers of education to ensure a young person and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned;
- Working with the Headteacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements;
- Leading a team of Teaching Assistants, alongside the Deputy Head of Inclusion, to provide appropriate support for children with SEND.
Roundwood Park is a forward looking and ambitious 11-18 co-educational comprehensive school with 1265 students on roll and enjoys a very good local reputation. We offer a comprehensive induction programme for all new staff. As a school graded ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED, we were one of the first schools in the county to convert to Academy status in 2011. Roundwood Park is a school with a strong reputation as an innovative and exciting place in which to learn and to teach. It is a place where traditional values of smart appearance, excellent behaviour and acting with integrity mingle with modern learning and high academic standards. Additional information about the school can be found on our website www.roundwoodpark.co.uk Visits are very much encouraged before you apply. If you would like to visit, please contact Ian Stowe, HR Manager, on 01582 714031 or email email@example.com
Please take particular note of the following instructions in respect of the application process:
- Your application should comprise a completed Application Form, either using the on-line form and process provided by the web recruitment platform where you see this advert, or a Word document template (from the school website Vacancies page), together with a letter or personal statement addressed to Alan Henshall, Headteacher, of no more than two sides of A4, explaining how you meet the requirements for this role
- If you use the Word template, your application should be submitted electronically to Ian Stowe, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare and an equal opportunities employer. We will need to obtain references in advance of interview for any candidate short-listed, and all job offers are subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service clearance. It is likely that we will interview whenever we are able to assemble a suitable field, so please do not defer your application towards any nominal closing date.
Closing date: 20/01/2020 17:00:00
Interview date: TBA
"Roundwood Park is a forward-looking and ambitious 11-18 co-educational comprehensive school with 1,250 students on roll. As a school graded Outstanding by OFSTED, we were one of the first schools in the county to convert to Academy Status in 2011. Roundwood Park is a school with a strong reputation as an innovative and exciting place in which to learn and to teach. We have particular expertise in Languages, Maths and Computing. We are a place where traditional values of smart appearance, excellent behaviour and acting with integrity mingle with modern learning and high academic standards. Our clear definition of the characteristics of the Roundwood Park leaver as a happy young adult who is not only well-qualified, but also a well-rounded individual, means that students leave us with optimism, self-confidence and a desire to change the world for the better. The key to our success lies in our ‘Aspire’ programme, which builds on the many years of experience of teaching students from Harpenden and its surrounding villages. ‘Aspire’ develops learning habits which, in addition to knowledge, allow our students to become resilient, resourceful and creative as they develop as learners. They develop these habits not only in their lessons but in the many extra-curricular opportunities, sporting and musical events and on trips and visits within the UK or abroad which we offer. We have also cemented our close working relationship with our Outstanding partners at neighbouring Sir John Lawes and St George’s schools by forming a Trust together which incorporates the University of Hertfordshire and Rothamsted Research. The three schools are working together to build the Katherine Warington school in Harpenden which will join our Trust. We are also proud to be members of the Alban Teaching School Alliance and we work closely with our neighbouring schools in St Albans and Harpenden via the St Albans and Harpenden Secondary School Headteachers group (STASSH). The students and staff of Roundwood Park always offer a warm welcome to visitors and there is always so much going on. Why not visit us to experience LIFE at Roundwood Park for yourself? We are confident that you will be inspired by what you see."
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com