Hamp Academy is an independent but wholly Government funded school for 7 to 11 year olds in Bridgwater.
Post Ref: HSE
3 days per week (0.6 contract) - Qualified Teacher’s Pay Scale
Hamp Academy is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspiring SENCo to join our inclusive team, where putting students first is part of our fundamental culture. We strongly believe that positive outcomes for our students come from the professionalism, commitment and passion for excellence displayed by our staff.
This exciting role requires an innovative and creative approach to supporting the strategic direction and development of SEND provision across our academy, whilst effectively managing and developing the progress and achievement of our SEND students. This role will play a fundamental part of the Senior Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is confident and experienced within the SENCo role, with a strong understanding and knowledge of inclusive strategies and interventions.
Successful candidates must:
- Have a sound knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice
- Have the SENCO qualification or be fully committed to attaining this.
- Have a positive proven track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress for students with SEND
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to deliver specialist support and training across the Academy
- Be flexible and a positive team player
In return we can offer:
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children who are excited about learning new things
- A committed and enthusiastic team of staff and governors
- Quality professional development
- A purposeful, happy and supportive environment with learning for all at its centre.
Visits to the Academy will be warmly welcomed
For full details and an application pack for this position, please visit the ‘Vacancies’ in the ‘Information Community’ section on the Hamp Academy website: www.hampacademy.co.uk
Closing Date for applications: Midday, Monday 30th October 2017
Hamp Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share its commitment. Our mission is that all children achieve. A criminal disclosure check will be requested for any applicant who is offered a position.
Hamp Academy, Rhode Lane, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6JB
Tel: 01278 424600