At Perry Court E-ACT Academy we have high expectations for all our pupils in terms of their learning, behaviour and attendance. We create a safe, happy learning environment and are focused on preparing our pupils for the next stage in their educational journey. We provide varied, exciting and challenging learning experiences to ensure our pupils become confident, life-long learners.
As an E-ACT Academy we accept nothing less than the very best teaching for our pupils. We are a two form entry primary with Nursery provision and our Academy is located in South Bristol. We have over 60 staff and educate nearly 400 pupils for who we have the highest aspirations. You will be joining us at the very best time. We are embarking on a very exciting journey, following in the footsteps of other very successful local E-ACT academies.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional SENCo to start at the academy in January 2018. The successful candidate will play a key role in promoting progress and raising the attainment of SEND pupils across the Academy. You will help inspire our pupils in the classroom by ensuring the effective delivery of programmes of support and interventions, considering a variety of needs and vulnerabilities which will provide pupils with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Our ideal candidate
Those who love what they do and are passionate about delivering the best education for the pupils we serve will thrive at Perry Court. Our ideal candidate will be:
• An outstanding, committed facilitator to share and enhance the Academy’s responsibility to provide opportunities for personal and academic growth.
• A person with empathy for a wide range of social and emotional barrier but challenges behaviour calmly and consistently.
• A person who has a great understanding and knowledge of all aspects of teaching, learning, assessment and research based interventions
• An effective manager of support staff
• A strategic leader and clear communicator with all stakeholders
Why work for us?
• A wonderful opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community
• A commitment to professional development through E-ACT’s professional learning programme in partnership with Ambition Schools Leadership, and three additional dedicated days to follow an individualised plan to build on practice
• A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy, and opportunities for flexible working.
Who is E-ACT?
E-ACT is about improving schools. We do this through a relentless focus on building strong teaching and learning, inspiring curriculums, effective standard operating procedures and embedding a culture based on our values of thinking big, doing the right thing, and showing team spirit. The E-ACT team includes over 2,000 employees based across 25 academies, five regional teams and one national team.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references. E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community
Closing Date for Applications: 25th October 2017