Leadership scale L9 –L13
Haughton Academy, part of the Education Village Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint a dynamic, committed and knowledgeable SENCO. The successful candidate will be up-to-date with best practice in SEN provision and able to carry out assessment for access arrangements. Experience in writing and reviewing IEPs is essential as is the ability to establish a good rapport with students and staff to help promote the achievement and well-being of pupils with SEN in school.
The post will include a timetabled commitment of approximately 10 lessons per week.
We would like someone with:
· A Secondary background and who has extensive experience of working with young people with SEND.
· Drive and a relentless approach to improving standards.
· The commitment to developing children to be the best that they can be.
· Excellent organisational skills for the coordination of one-to-one support lessons and in-class support across the school.
· The ability to lead, develop and inspire a team of staff.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
· High levels of presence, impact and integrity.
· The ability to use data as a tool for school improvement.
· The proven ability to create conditions for sustained improvement.
· An enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom.
· Excellent opportunities to develop your own professional practice through learning teams, action research and an extensive CPD programme.
· A personalised approach to leadership development.
· A technology rich learning environment.
Closing date for the post is noon on Friday 29th September 2017.
Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd October 2017.
Applicants should complete an application form and indicate through a letter (no more than two sides of A4) how their experience to date has prepared them for this role and how they would ensure future success.
Application forms and further details for the above positions are available by visiting our website at www.educationvillage.org.uk Please telephone Judith Amerigo on 01325 248113 if you require any further information or would like to arrange a visit.
The Education Village is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.