The Governors are seeking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and well qualified SEN specialist to take on the position of SENCO (Director of Learning and Inclusion), and lead our Learning Support team at Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School.
You will be required to plan, lead and manage the enhancement of SEN within the school, joining an experienced, supportive and creative team, dedicated to the teaching and learning of all students and with a reputation for excellence within the school.
Currently the number of students with SEN is broadly in line with national averages.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
- Have DfE recognised Qualified Teacher Status.
- Have at least 12 months experience as a SENCO or hold the National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO) or are willing to achieve this award within three years of being appointed.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and up-to-date knowledge of statutory obligations.
- Are passionate about inclusive practice and equality of opportunity.
- Are excellent communicators at all levels and who can develop the potential of all young people within the school.
- Have the ability to lead and manage a team of Learning Support Assistants to deliver quality, effective support programmes across all age ranges and curriculum areas within the school.
- Are experienced classroom practitioners with a proven track record of outstanding / good teaching in either the Primary or Secondary sectors.
There will be a small teaching commitment involved in this post.
Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School is an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school situated on the outskirts of St. Albans. The school is a vibrant place of activity, inclusivity and kindness which allows children to flourish and grow in confidence. Our recent Ofsted inspection grading of ‘Good’ acknowledged the rapid improvements that have been made in the school over the last two years.
We welcome visits from prospective staff. If you would like an informal conversation about the post or would like to visit before applying, please contact Mrs Jackie Clifford. To apply online or for further details of the post and an application pack, please contact Jackie Clifford on 01727 860079 ext. 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or look at the News and Events/Staff Training Vacancies section on the school website: www.nbs.herts.sch.uk
Interviews - Week commencing 12th December.
Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School is committed to safeguarding, actively promoting British values and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to the development of community cohesion and the prevention of extremism and radicalisation.