The David Ross Education Trust is recruiting for a Teacher with SENCO responsibility at Cedar Road Primary School.
Giving our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
An excellent teacher who can help our children ‘Broaden their horizons and grow together’
To lead a class of 30 children and ensure they all make excellent progress in every possible way; within and beyond the curriculum.
To plan, teach and assess across Key Stage Two based on the needs of the children resulting in accelerated progress for all.
As SENCO you will be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the classes ensuring equality of opportunity for all and take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Salary & Benefits
· £22,467pa to £38,250pa plus TLR
· Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Qualified teacher status; DFE registered
- Evidence of previous teaching experience in a primary school as Key Stage Two teacher
· Commitment to high quality teaching and learning demonstrating a developed understanding of how young children learn most effectively
· Experience of classes of 30 pupils including EAL, SEND, LAC and vulnerable children
· Knowledge of known aspects of good teaching and learning
· Able to contribute to and enthusiasm for the positive ethos of the school and embed a school Values system
· Excellent teaching as proven in good or better judgements in inspections / observations
· Up-to-date knowledge of National Curriculum
· Experience of target setting for children
· Experience of delivering personalised learning
· Experience of teaching pupils with a variety of SEND and EAL
· Experience of leading a subject
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 17 October 2017.
Cedar Road Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.