Salary: Inner London weighting plus TLR1a (£7,698)
Required for September 2018
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic SENCO to effectively manage and lead SEND provision across the school. This is a non-class based role, backed by a large team of skilled professionals including an additional teacher of our high needs class. We consider this a highly important role in our school, and offer generous remuneration to reflect this.
Sheringham Primary is an outstanding school in Newham, London with a wonderfully diverse and supportive community and a commitment to inclusion. We are also part of the Learning in Harmony Trust, which includes JFK Special School, from whom we receive ongoing support.
• A welcoming and cohesive team of school leaders, teachers and support staff.
• A benefits package as part of the Trust’s commitment to staff wellbeing.
• Access to a bespoke professional development programme, with excellent career opportunities.#
• Extensive SEND support including JFK Special School, specialist teaching assistants, SALT and OT buy-ins.
• Great children and families, with an excellent climate of respect and positive behaviour
We are looking for:
• An experienced professional able to coordinate outstanding additional support and interventions for children throughout the school.Knowledge and skills related to children with high needs, particularly autism.
• A great team player, with a proven history of leading others who is able to work as part of a wider leadership team.
• A qualified SENCo with an excellent understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
We would love to meet potential applicants and welcome visits and enquiries. Please contact the head directly at email@example.com or find out more about us at www.sheringhamprimaryschool.com and www.lihtrust.uk
Applications close on Friday 18th May 2018 at 3pm.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 21st May
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and please ensure you are eligible to work in the UK.
The Learning in Harmony Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS disclosure is required and this can be applied for once a job offer is made.