MPR/UPR, TLR 1C
'Staff are positive about the future of the school and agree with the changes. This is no small feat and is testament to the leadership' Ofsted 2018
Bexleyheath Academy is an 11-19 academy of 1600 students situated in the London borough of Bexley. We are within easy access of the Dartford crossing and Blackwall tunnel and only 30 minutes from central London on the train. We are an inclusive school at the heart of our community.
Since our last full inspection in May 2016 we have had a change in leadership and in January 2018 we welcomed our new Principal Dan Steel. Much hard work has already been undertaken including embedding a new curriculum, re-modelling pastoral structures and ensuring that all members of the academy community understand the vision of ‘making our best better’. We believe that whilst there remains much to do the academy is now well placed to quickly move towards our aim of being a 'good' school.
Morale is high and plans are in place for good and outstanding teaching and learning and positive attitudes to behaviour to become further embedded.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced SENCO to join a supportive and highly skilled team. You will be responsible for the academic and pastoral development and well-being of all students.
Whether you are at the start of your SENCO career or have a wealth of experience, we will focus on what attributes you will bring to Bexleyheath Academy and most importantly what impact you will have on our students.
- A commitment to facilitate your networking through Bexley Local Authority and lead on key aspects of this work across school.
- Purposeful and ready to learn students who will make you proud to be a teaching professional
- Support and challenge our teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
- Help you to benefit from regular collaboration with experts from our trust to ensure we stay ahead of the game.
- Give you a staff team who are enthusiastic, dedicated, positive and supportive, and put on phenomenal pantomimes!
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
Closing date: 17 December 2018
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further information on this position please contact Vanessa Morrison Principal PA on 020 8303 5696. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.